The European Freestyle Pro Tour is launching the first ever EFPT Awards in December. The Awards will categorise major accomplishments in the sport of freestyle windsurfing with the aim to further enhance the excellence of those dedicated to the sport. We want to see progression and we want that to be rewarded. That’s why we are fronting the first ever Official Awards within the sport of freestyle windsurfing. Read on to find out more about how to enter and what the categories are…
Coming up to the EFPT Awards we will be running a competition to narrow down our Best Trick categories with a final online show that will see the top moves face off against each other. The EFPT judges, combined with a public vote, will be deciding for the single most radical and progressive move ever landed. This will be in both the guys and girls category and we’ll kick off our EFPT Awards show with this later in December.
The categories for the Awards and their prize money will be as follows:
- Best Trick (men) – €500
- Best Trick (women) – €500
- Best New move – €500
- Best Combo – €500
- Most Improved Rider – €500
- Stylemaster of the Year – €500
- Best Video Part (as rider) – €1000
- Best Freestyle Windsurf Edit (as Producer) – €1000
How to Enter
Submissions for all categories are open immediately. You may submit moves, edits or nominate riders from any year for the 2021 edition of the EFPT Awards. For the first edition we are going for the All-Time Awards. Submissions for the best trick will close on the 14th November. Submissions for all other categories will close on the 30th November. Please submit your moves/nominations here. More information on the awards can be found here.
Further explanation of the categories
- Best Trick (men): The single best move that will be voted for in the build up to our main EFPT Awards show. You may submit any move from any year, please submit the location and date of the move, plus move name and rider name. The move may be done on any type of windsurfing equipment.
- Best Trick (women): The single best move that will be voted for in the build up to our main EFPT Awards show. You may submit any move from any year, please submit the location and date of the move, plus move name and rider name. The move may be done on any type of windsurf equipment.
- Best New Move: This category is for any new move within the past competition year. Submissions for this category will only be accepted for the year 2020 and 2021 combined. The move may be done on any type of windsurf gear.
- Best Combo: The best combo move, meaning a minimum of two moves completed as one continuous manoeuvre. This can be an existing combo move or a new combo move.
- Most Improved Rider: This will be awarded to a rider who has shown the most progression in the past year. A rider who has shot through the ranks or shown huge potential both at and away from events.
- Stylemaster of the Year: Style matters. This award is for the most stylish rider or the most stylish move or moment the EFPT has witnessed. You may nominate yourself or another person for this award. Please email us the rider, some examples or the move or moment of pure style that you feel deserves this award.
- Best Video Part (as rider): This is for the best video or part of video, or a riders feature within a video. We will assess how progressive their approach to freestyle is, the locations and the post video Stoke factor we are left with. This award is for the rider only.
- Best Freestyle Windsurf Edit (as Producer): This is for the most well produced/shot freestyle windsurfing video. The one that leaves us mind blown with impressive imagery, shots and locations. Submit your video links to us with the name of the producer and riders. This award is for the Producer and their efforts and contribution to freestyle windsurfing.