The days to the next European Freestyle Pro Tour stop are counting down. It is less than a month to go until the EFPT will have it’s debut at the Canaries. Since the start of the tour in 2013 the team had the wish to run a competition at one of the most promising windsurfing destinations world-wide: Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. The pre-registration deadline will be over at the 18th of June and the list is already filled with big names like 2013 European Freestyle Champion Steven Van Broeckhoven (JP/Neilpryde), Dieter Van der Eyken (Starboard), Adrien Bosson (North/Fanatic) and Tonky Frans (Tabou/Gaastra) who is currently living on the island. Besides those experienced riders we are also looking forward to welcome some rookies like 14-years old local boy Noah Vocker (North/Fanatic) and Florian Wegerer from Bonaire just to name a few. The top riders will receive free accommodation at the Sands Beach Resort, whose management is showing some massive support for bringing the top freestyle windsurfers to the beaches of Lanzarote. The freestyle competition will be on from the 9th – 12th of July. Meanwhile you can check out the trailer to get an idea of the charm of this island and it’s windsurfing spots!
EFPT Lanzarote Video Teaser
June 16th, 2014
- Freestyle Spot Guide – Aruba by Sarah-Quita Offringa
- Day 4 – Jacopo Testa extends championship lead in front of home crowd – EFPT Vieste 2022
- Day 3 – Caers is victorious in tricky freestyle conditions – EFPT Vieste 2022
- Day 2 – First blood as the single elimination got underway – EFPT Vieste 2022
- Day 1 – Calm before the storm – EFPT Vieste 2022